Welcome to JB Brazil's JBpedia page. Here you can find informations such as who we are, our history, latest news and more. Enjoy!
Who we are
CISV Brazil is formed by ten chapters, and each one of them has an active Junior Branch. Check their pages here!
How we work
This is our structure.
Our Junior Branch has a team of three to five people elected every year during our NJBM - it is called LIGA (League). They work together with the NJRs providing support to the local JBs and to our Working Groups.
These are the projects that are currently in progress in JB Brazil:
- F5 - It's literally giving JB Brazil a refresh. It's a publication which brings the news that are happening in JB Brazil and in our Local JBs.
- Shaking Hands - Online magazine created by JBers on an specific theme related to our educational content areas. The first edition, in 2013, was about Sexual and Gender diversity.
- Fala Que Eu Te Escuto (Speak and we'll hear you) - Project that tries to promote reflections and debates about themes not ofen explored by CISV and JB Brazil through virtual publications.
- JB Cooks - It's a fun project that has an objective to integrate the local JBers with themselves through a cooking activity.
- JB Talks - Mini lectures given by JBers to JBers about anything that they think that can contribute to JB Brazil.
- JB Puzzle 2014 - This is our evaluation tool! Is shows how many local activities our Chapters intend to run throughout the year and how many activities were ran so far.
- National Events
- May 01-04: NJBM
- September 12-14: NJBT
- October 10-12: CISV Brazil's National Meeting
- International Events
- January 18-26: JB Sulr
- April 17-20: AJBM
- August 02-07: IJBC
Fom the 1st to the 4th of May, we had our National Junior Branch Meeting. Around 50 participants from our ten chapters attended. Thank you for JB São Paulo for hosting the event and for the outstanding Oscar Night we had!
JB SULR 2014
JB Chile held the first JB SULR ever. It is a meeting that gathers JBers from Argentina, Brazil and Chile to discuss about a theme related to cisv annual theme. This year, it was "Minorities". 7 Brazilians were there, including 2 content staff.
Soon, a video will be spread throughout JB community. Stay tuned for it.
Midway Meeting 2013-2014
From december 14th until the 17th, ten JBers have gathered for JB Brazil's Midway Meeting. We have evaluated the year of 2013 and planned the year of 2014. The priorities we have set for JB Brazil in 2014 are:
*Getting Closer to IJB
*Fantastic Four - that's a CISV Brazil's strategy for chapter development. It focuses on cooperation between four committees: Junior branch, Mosaic, Training and Families.
You can find a wrap-up of what was produced in the following link: (MWM 2013-14 Minutes)
(If you're looking for JB Brazil older news, take a look here)
Here you can find the lists of our former NJRs and previous meetings NJBMs, NJBTs . E-mail the NJRs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how to have access to our filed documents in Arquivo Nacional (our library).
The following list shows the names of the previous NJRs.
Brazilian NJRs, from 2006 to 2013
The following list shows the names of the previous Ligas.
- 2014-2015: Paula Sperandio (JB Londrina), Gabriel Tarsitano (JB Brasilia), Fernanda Mafra (JB Belo Horizonte), Gisele Feder (JB São Paulo) and Daniela Moura (JB Salvador).
- 2013-2014: Flora Gurgel (JB Vitoria), Bernardo Moraes (JB Rio de Janeiro), Pedro Nordskog (JB São José dos Campos), Flávio Faria (JB Campinas) and Luísa Lima (JB Brasilia).
In JB Brazil once a year we have one NJBM and one NJBT.
National Junior Branch Meeting is a gathering where all our local JBs can get together to discuss new ideas, create projects, work on task forces and share their experiences and best practices in order to improve our work back in the chapters.
The previous NJBMs locations:
Also in the year JBers have an opportunity to develop their leadership in our National Junior Branch Training, where they learn new educational tools and other CISV-related content.
The previous NJBTs locations:
Feel free to contact us!
We hope you have enjoyed our page! Feel free to visit us again whenever you feel like it!
Ooooor... take me back to the JB World list.